Ingredients (I went on a trader joe’s spree today FYI)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 cubes of TJ’s frozen basil cubes. If you don’t have this on hand, don’t worry, it will still be delicious without it!
- 4 green onions (with bulbs cut off), sliced thinly
- 2 leeks (white and green part, trimmed). Sliced, thinly. I bought the TJ’s packaged leeks
- 1/2 can of crab meat (I bought this at TJs too)!
- 2 packages of (you guessed it) TJ’s spinach and chive linguini. You can sub two packages of this for one package of regular dry linguini.
- 4 cups chicken broth (Hey I bought this at TJs also)!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese mmmm (TJS!)
Add olive oil to big pot. Saute the leeks, basil. garlic, pinch of salt and three of the green onions until tender (6 minutes) over med heat. Add the 1/2 can of crab meat and saute for 1 min more. Add the cream, broth and pasta. Stir constantly until tender (about 12 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste and desired amount of cheese to finish. Garnish with remaining sliced green onion. Make sure to either serve with a crisp dry white or squeeze with a lemon.