This recipe combines some of my favorite de-stressing activities including sauteing onions, using my immersion blender, fogging up my kitchen and of course: pouring truffle oil on stuff!
Time: 40ish minutes (aprx. one star trek episode)
1 Sweet Yellow Onion of a largish size
2 heads of Cauliflower (med. size)
Stock of some sort (chicken or mushroom are my typical choices)
Butter and/or Olive Oil and a couple tbs of cream
Something with which you can blend above ingredients
1. Choose your own cauliflower cooking adventure!
a. Preheat oven to 375, drizzle w/ olive oil and season with salt and pepper and roast cauliflower (i taught you how to do this in the pumpkin enchiladas post) until tender.
b. Blanch cauliflower ( that means basically boil in hot water)
I prefer option a., but fyi the soup won’t be as white.
2. Saute those onions! I like to do this by melting 1tablespoon of each butter and olive oil, heating up (med-low) and pouring in sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper and let the onions become tender and transparent.
3. Put cauliflower, onions, and 1cup-3 cups of stock into a pot (depending on how thick you like soup). Let simmer for 10ish minutes. I
4. Blend it! If you are lucky enough to have an immersion blender, just put it into your pot and and blend until smooth. Otherwise, you can throw it into your blender, magic bullet or whatever you use to make solid stuff not solid.
5. If you want, you can add a couple tablespoons of cream to the mixture and blend again. Like everything on this blog, it is totally up to your taste preference.
6. Finish with TRUFFLE oil, a little sea salt and cracked pepper! Voila!!!!!